Sunday, March 18, 2012

Obstacle or Opportunity

Last night my pastor spoke about this fact; he said, "We ARE the Light!" Jesus came to earth and His claim was, "I am the LIGHT of the world." However before He left this earth he told His disciples in John 20:21, "As the Father has sent me, SO I AM SENDING YOU." Here we are today, saved to be the REFLECTION of that light.


What I find in my life is that there are a lot of things that tend to diffuse or cover that light in me. As is true in all of us, if we are honest, there are habits, circumstances, problems, people and a myriad of other things that shade that light in our lives.


I was reading this morning in Luke 21 when I came across this verse, "  13 This will be your opportunity to tell them about me. NLT In the context of this verse, Jesus is telling the disciples about the destruction of Jerusalem and how many of them would be arrested and brought before the magistrates and tried for being followers of Jesus. He was saying to them that when these things happen to you, this will BE YOUR OPPORTUNITY to tell them about me. 


What are the problems and difficulties in lives all about anyway? I know this - 


  • God has a plan for each of us and has saved us not only to live with Him in heaven but to live FOR HIM on earth.
  • Nothing happens by accident but every circumstance has been allowed in our lives by His approval. Even those things that we have brought on ourselves.
  • These things can serve as an OBSTACLE or an OPPORTUNITY.
Just a thought, but just maybe, perhaps, the struggles we have, the difficulties we are experiencing, the problems we are working through are the platforms that God is presenting to us and for us to TELL OTHERS ABOUT HIM! 


Just Sayin' BE THE LIGHT! 

No comments:

Post a Comment